The Faculty of English Philology was established on the basis of order No.1 of the rector of the Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages on January 17, 1995.
In 2014, in the faculty opened the field of foreign language and literature (English language).
Currently, the faculty enrolls 1244 students in two directions.
At present time, 4 professors, 17 associate professors, 16 senior teachers and 57 teachers work at the faculty.
The faculty at the international level collaborates with Great Britain, the Russian Federation, the United States of America, Latvia, France, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, the British Council in Tashkent and the Uzbekistan Teachers of English Association (UzTEA). The faculty regularly improves the qualifications of professors and teachers in the republic and abroad.